Fueling innovation for a seamless omnichain world.
The ZetaChain Grant empowers impactful dApp builders who want to make a revolutionary change in the multichain ecosystem with ZetaChain.Apply Now
The ZetaChain Grants Program aims to support innovative, decentralized businesses that help grow the ZetaChain ecosystem. The milestone-based funding grant will support dApps with scalable, novel approaches for onboarding non-crypto natives into web3 and aims to create value for the broader ZetaChain ecosystem.
Areas of Interest
DeFi (Decentralized Finance)
- Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs): Build next-generation DEXs that enable seamless trading of assets across multiple chains.
- Lending and Borrowing: Create lending platforms that allow users to access credit from different blockchains.
- Financial Instruments: Develop innovative financial instruments like derivatives, stablecoins, and insurance products that work across multiple chains.
- Financial Inclusion: Develop new and more accessible financial tools that can be made even more available to peoples by leveraging omnichain technology.
- More Seamless Crypto: Design user-friendly interfaces that simplify cross-chain transactions and interactions. Improve the overall experience of managing and using assets across multiple blockchains.
- General Pain Points: Address common issues in the crypto space, such as onboarding, payments, and literacy/transparency, particularly for a multichain world.
NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens)
- Collectibles and Collections: Create unique NFTs and collections that can be accessed and utilized across multiple chains.
- Real-world On-chain Integration: Develop tools or platforms that enable a seamless connection between the physical and digital worlds through omnichain NFTs.
- Novel Use Cases and Creator Tools: Invent new ways to use NFTs or develop tools that empower creators to generate NFTs that work across multiple chains.
DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations)
- Omnichain DAO Tooling: Build tools and platforms that facilitate cross-chain governance and asset custody.
- Cross-chain DAO Management: Develop solutions that enable simpler, more efficient management of DAOs across multiple blockchains.
Identity, Social, and Wallets
- Name Services: Create protocols and services that offer human-readable names for cross-chain addresses.
- Social Blockchain Tokens (SBTs): Develop social tokens that work across multiple chains and foster community building.
- Usernames and Account Abstraction: Innovate on ways to simplify account management and improve user experience.
- Wallet Solutions: Design wallet solutions that allow users to easily access and manage assets from multiple chains in one place.
Games and GameFi (Gaming and Finance)
- Omnichain Gaming Platforms: Develop gaming platforms that allow players to access, interact, and manage game assets across multiple blockchains seamlessly.
- Cross-chain Game Asset Integration: Create solutions for game developers to easily integrate their assets from various chains, enabling players to use and trade these assets in different games and ecosystems.
- Play-to-Earn and GameFi Models: Design innovative play-to-earn or GameFi models that leverage the power of omnichain development, allowing players to earn rewards and tokens across various connected chains.
- Game Asset NFTs: Build unique NFTs for game assets that can be utilized and traded across multiple chains, enhancing their value and utility for players and collectors.
- Gaming Metaverse and Interoperability: Create immersive gaming experiences within interconnected metaverse environments by enabling seamless asset transfer and interaction across different blockchains.
- Cross-chain Gaming SDKs and Tools: Develop software development kits (SDKs) and tools that simplify the process of creating omnichain gaming experiences for developers.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Deploy a smart contract on ZetaChain’s Testnet and Mainnet’s zEVM and/or leveraging ZetaChain’s omnichain messaging. Learn how to build your first zEVM smart contract. All relevant contract deployment addresses should be published publicly. All code for these smart contracts should be open-sourced.
- Both existing projects that want to leverage or migrate to ZetaChain and novel projects in the ideation or development stage are eligible.
- Grant should be used to help with web3 development, liquidity, adoption, and/or awareness.
- Grant applicants with strong technical capabilities, and ideally a clear idea of product-market fit and go-to-market as well as ambitious user growth goals will be prioritized.
- Grant applicants must demonstrate a clear use of funds: how a grant will be used to create the proposed application. Clear mission and vision statement and plans for product development is highly encouraged.
- Screening: As part of the selection process, the applicant will participate in an initial screening call where you will be asked to present an overview of your project proposal, including its goals, methodology, budget, timeline, and impact.
- Interview: Applicants that pass the initial screening will be invited for an interview with our grants committee as the second stage of evaluation. The interview will provide an opportunity to present a more detailed overview of your project proposal and respond to any in-depth questions that may arise.
- Approval: Upon successfully passing the interview stage and being approved for funding, you will be required to sign a grant agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of the funding. The agreement may include pre-defined milestones or deliverables you must achieve to receive grant disbursements. These milestones ensure the project progresses as planned and achieves its intended objectives.
- Grant Disbursement: As your project progresses, you will sync with the Grants team and update on meeting the agreed-upon milestones. Disbursement of funds will be based on the successful completion of each milestone or however outlined by the individual grant agreement.
What is a milestone-based grant?
A milestone-based grant is a type of grant that is disbursed based on the achievement of specific pre-defined milestones or deliverables. Rather than receiving the entire grant amount upfront, recipients receive payments as they make progress toward meeting the project goals and objectives outlined in the grant proposal and agreement.
How will the milestone-based grant funds be disbursed?
The milestone-based grant funds will be disbursed based on the completion of pre-defined milestones as outlined in the grant agreement. You will need to provide evidence of completion for each milestone before the corresponding funds can be disbursed.
What would be a strong project proposal?
A strong project proposal should be well-planned and thoughtfully presented, with a clear execution plan that makes a strong case for why the proposed project is important and worthy of grants.
- This should be a brief summary of the project, its objectives, and its expected outcomes.
- Provide a detailed description of the project, including its goals, methodology, and expected outcomes. It should include information about the problem the project aims to solve, the target audience, and the benefits of the project.
- Demonstrate a well-planned and realistic budget that is aligned with the project goals and activities.
- Information about the technical approach, such as tools, technologies, and methodologies that will be used, as well as any potential challenges and risks.
- Develop a clear and feasible plan of action that outlines the specific steps and activities that will be undertaken to achieve the project's goals.
- How the project will be evaluated to determine its success. It should include metrics that will be used to measure progress and outcomes, as well as methods for collecting data and analyzing results.
- Demonstrate the capacity of the proposing organization to successfully execute the project, including relevant experience, qualifications, and partnerships.
Can I use the funds for expenses outside of the project?
Grant funds can only be used for expenses related to the project as outlined in the grant application and agreement.
What happens if I don't complete a milestone on time?
The consequences for not completing a milestone on time will be outlined in the grant agreement. In some cases, it may result in a delay in the disbursement of funds, or in more severe cases, the grant may be terminated.
Is there any tax implication for receiving the grant funds?
The tax implications for receiving the funds will depend on the specific tax laws in your country. It is recommended that you consult with a tax professional for advice on how to report and pay taxes on the grant funds.